Dr. Evans



This past Tuesday Todd and I visited with Dr. Evans, of Oak Cliff Bible Church, at his office for marriage counseling and preparing for the wedding. It is so humbling that Dr. Evans is giving Todd and I the gift of bringing us into the covenant of marriage before God. I had shared with Todd that Dr. Evans had been there for me through a very painful time in my life giving me wise biblical counsel that challenged me to believe there would be a dawn after the darkness. When Todd and I became serious I desired Todd to meet Dr. Evans. Todd asked many of his friends and family to pray before we went to meet with Dr. Evans, as Todd knew how important Dr. Evans opinion of Todd would be to me. Dr. Evans loved Todd, he past with flying colors!!!

Not only do I deeply respect Dr. Evans as a man who seeks God, but also I have seen him as a husband to Lois, his wife, as well as a father and grandfather all, which has only deepened my respect for him.

Dr. Evans gave Todd and I a few books to read about marriage including: A Woman’s Role in the Home, A Man’s Role in the Home, and Marriage Matters. They are excellent books and would recommend them! This last time we visited him he gave us the daily devotional book for couples that both Dr. Evans and Lois Evans wrote together. We are excited to read this daily devotional book for our first year of marriage!

Todd and I so value Dr. Evans role in our lives and seek to build a marriage that reflects all the truths of a biblical marriage.
Thank you Dr. Evans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment