Blessed




"To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:11  
My life has known the beauty from ashes, the gladness after the mourning and praise after despair. I am so grateful for a God that faithfully walks with me through the times of sorrow and delights with me in the times of amazing joy! He is my God, but also my friend (John 15:13-15). I have found this Godly quality of friendship in several precious friends... I am very blessed. A friend that goes to the depth of despair with you and rejoices before God with you is priceless.

This past weekend I was able to love on a friend such as this, Kate. I know how precious she is to God and also me. She is such an amazing mom and has recently given so much of herself in creating a warm and loving home for her sons. It was such fun to create a weekend that reminded her just how loved she is by allowing her to rest and recharge. 

We headed to Canton for this is for sure the place to go to recharge your creative eye for home decor. Relaxing time at the lake to still the soul. Then add in lots of girl talk and catching up on girly movies. 

But the blessing for me in our relationship is knowing she has seen me in sorrow to which she offered me hope... she sees me in the sweetness of abundant joy and rejoices with me... just like my God! 


2 comments:

  1. Whether in sorrow or in joy you both are the Lord's daughters and sisters in Him....YEAH!! Mrs K and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written and said-Thankful for the same!

    ReplyDelete