Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Fall is here and there are so many wonderful things to bake/cook from pumpkin muffins to yummy stew! I enjoy baking and I love Sour Cream Coffee Cake! It is a Dutch family recipe. I remember my mother and grandmother making it. I am excited to bake it for my children one day and pass it on to them. 
The recipe includes:
3/4 cup of softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups of flour 
 1 /2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of sour cream 
Filling:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I like it better without the nuts)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
Directions:
Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes.
Mix the baking soda and sour cream in a separate bowl.
Then alternate mixing in the flour, salt and sour cream to the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
Grease 2 loaf pans. 
Make the filling. Combining the sugar, chopped nuts (if you want), brown sugar, and cinnamon. 
Pour part of the batter in a pan and sprinkle 1/3 of the filling. Repeat 2 times. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. 
Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the smell of fall baking...bet Todd does too!!! Mom k

    ReplyDelete