Lean Hard

"Child of my love, lean hard,
And let me feel the pressure of your care
I know your burden, child. I shaped it
Balanced it in mine own hand; made no proportion
In its weight to your unaided strength
For even as I laid it on, I said
I will be near and while she leans on me,
This burden will be mine, not hers;
So will I keep my child within the
circling arms of my own love.
Here lay it down, nor fear
To impose it on a shoulder that upholds
the government of worlds. Yet closer come:
You are note near enough. I would embrace your care;
So I might feel my child reclining on my breast.
You love me, I know so then do not doubt;
But loving me, lean hard."
-from the devotion book Streams in the Desert



1 comment:

  1. Streams in the Desert has always spoken truth to us all. Thank you for sharing this. I love you both lots and lots!! love mom

    ReplyDelete